Ava's New Room

See that excitement??
Ava knows that her new room is ready,
time for the big reveal...
Earlier today Ava was adamantly opposed to getting a new
bed or a room make over for that matter. If it means Norah is
taking it, she would like to keep her crib forever.

Thank goodness my wonderful generous mother
took us to Target today and got some new bedding
to make Ava's new bed THAT MUCH COOLER!

As soon as I threatened to give all her new cool
things to Norah she was ready to let that crib go.

A moms got to do what a moms got to do...

Six months ago we took the side off Ava's crib,
she has enjoyed this new found freedom.
With a new baby coming we need to start getting her
used to a new bed, time to let Norah have the crib.
Here is a picture of Ava the first night she got to
sleep in her old big girl bed:
And here is her new Super Big Girl Bed:
It is a twin size bed with storage underneath.
We got it off of Craig's List for $150
(We had to buy her a new mattress too so total cost
$250, still much cheaper then the bunk bed I wanted)
Check out the five big drawers for storage!
Perfect since we have no real room for another dresser
but we need to keep both kids clothes in this room.
They slide in and out really easily too which is
what sold me on this bed.
We got rid of the bookshelf, and moved the books
over to the built in. We also got this little organizer.
I am still super happy with our closet makeover too!
This room has more then doubled spots to store things.
I love the look on her face when she walked in:
She climbed right up there and wanted to go to bed.
I didn't envision sleep happening anytime
soon, she was far too excited!
Daddy wanted to cuddle, I don't think this is
what he had in mind.
They sure are cute together.
This bed is pretty far off the ground, she better be careful.
I love making her happy.
I think this is going to make having a new baby
just slightly easier. Especially because we decided
to keep her in her same room
.
So far I have gone in and caught her playing
but I do envision real sleep in her near future.
I just checked on her again, she is out:
Sweet dreams my sweet baby, you are really growing up.

Comments

Rhi said…
yay! what a great bed, and great big girl bedding! I'm glad she decided she was excited about it :)

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...