We got our tree!!

Sometimes the pictures of Ava not smiling are my favorite.
She can be such a cheese ball when it comes to photos these days.
Yesterday did go as planned, we got our tree!

When I say "we" I mean me & Ava.
Although Ava wasn't really very helpful.

I, in my extremely pregnant state, went up to my
Mom's house and laid on the ground and sawed our
tree down, with a hand saw. That takes much longer
then you would think. All the while I managed to lose
Ava in the woods which sent me into a panic but in the
end, we got our tree.

As per our annual tradition, Auntie Jessica came over
to help with the festivities. We usually have Spanish
Coffees too but that of course must wait until next year...

Right away Ava dragged Auntie into her room to see this:
They are so cute together:
Ava showing Jessica Bambi, I mean Rudolph.
Many years ago I covered Bambi's nose in red glitter,
an instant Christmas makeover!
Let the cheese-ballishness commence!
Ava loved all the toys throughout the Christmas decorations.

We were having some major tree topper issues,
the usual one was way too heavy:
Ava's suggestion just wasn't working for me.
She looks way better in the antlers then the tree did.
Or the Santa hat for that matter.
Jessica tried to create some crazy bow out of
tinsel, it was a little scary.
In the end the Santa hat worked best, for now.
Stay still Lily...
I guess it's not happening this year.
Christmas frog!
Ava took this picture:
And this one: (wow that is a big belly!)
This is my favorite picture of the night.
When we first got that tree home and inside the house
we had a serious discussion about bagging it and
buying a bigger tree. It just looked too small in our house.
But in the end I think it turned out pretty cute:
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Comments

Unknown said…
It's a very cute tree!
awesome tree! And I love Ava's room...cool lights!
Rhi said…
love the picture of the trees impotence. Priceless. Major props for actually hand sawing down a tree yourself, while pregnant, while loosing a toddler. You go Sarah!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...