Let's Get Rid of ALL Their Toys!!!

Have you ever wanted to get rid of your kids toys?
Like EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM??

Oh no?  It's just me then.

Well I hate clutter.  Big time, hate it.

I knew when we had kids that we could easily become
"that house" you know the one, taken over completely by toys.

I try so hard to not only coral all the toys into Ava's room
but also to keep them organized.  I have Ava clean her room
every day.  

Her standard of clean is very different from mine.

She just throws things into her cubbys, into her closet, on her
bed, on her dresser, whatever makes the center of the floor 
look clean.  Then she calls it good.

I then go in (frustrated because I feel like I just did this)
and throw out everything I think is junky, put every little
thing back in the place it belongs and feel (somewhat) happy.

That (sort of) awesome feeling lasts approximately
two and half seconds, I walk by, look in and
 suddenly it looks like this (again):
 Everything is pulled out of it's spot and things are just 
EVERYWHERE. 
 It bugs me to no end.
In the middle of this messy madness I came across
this blog post that made me stop everything and 
want to suddenly change so many things!  It was called
Doesn't that just sound wonderful??

Well the list is great.  The second thing on the list was 
"Rotate toys daily"  Now I actually do rotate toys, some
live in the attic and we bring them back in switching out 
stale ones but WHAT?  Daily??  

She suggested taking all the toys and putting them into 4
numbered bins.  Each day you pull out a bin, only play
with those toys & at the end of the day they all get put
back in the bin, clean, organized and done!!!

All the pieces stay with each toy!! 

I could let Norah actually play with toys before her sister
wakes up!  

No more toys every where!  

The kids may actually play with their toys then forgetting 
they own the majority of them!

It all just seems too win-win-win for me to NOT do.

So I ran to Target (figuratively, like in my car) and got 
my new 4 bins and got to work!  Boy was it overwhelming!

But in the end?  Oh so satisfying!!!
 I was able to fit all their toys in the four bins, I even added
a few special books to each one as well. 
 Check out that floor!!  Usually that is our go-to shove 
every thing in there spot.  I can't tell you how that emptiness
fills me with total delight!!
 I confiscated all the books, sorted them, donated many
and displayed about 15 of them. 
I will rotate those out weekly. 

Doesn't that just look more inviting?

Here is Ava helping decorate the numbers for the bins.

Another little piece of brilliance from this list was the idea to 
so basically to take all of Ava's workbooks, tear out the pages, 
slide them into page protectors, put them in a binder and use a
dry erase pen to fill them out!! 
 If you have ever bought these school readiness books,
you know they are quite expensive.  Ava has wasted
so many scribbling in them when given to her
before she was quite ready for them. But you want 
them to practice, how will they BE ready if they don't
get to practice, it's sort of a catch 22.
In all honesty her lack of skill makes me not as likely to have 
her do them, I don't want to waste them!  But now she can 
practice her little heart away and simply wipe them clean 
when she is done.  Little Norah will be able to use them too
someday!  Revolutionary I tell you!!

Less clutter, less waste, more happiness.  
My work here is done.

hahahahahahaha.
Ha.

Comments

Rhi said…
Brilliant! I'll pay you to come do my house!!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...