Ava's First Day

Monday was Ava's first day of preschool.
To be honest I was a little unsure of whether
to let her go or not.  

It was not that I was going to miss her so much in 
the whole 3 hours she would be gone, no I wasn't 
struggling with THAT.
 No, she was actually acting weird all day, just
not quite herself.  Now I know that she has been
beyond excited to finally get to go to school so I
 figured she must be sick.
 She didn't seem too bad off and I thought maybe it was
just nerves so I sent her on her way.  She sculpted things out of 
play-dough, painted a picture, played outside, did show and tell,
learned about the weather that day, studied the letter of the day,
had a snack and played with her new friends.
 When I picked her up I could tell she didn't feel well.
She said she had fun but she just wasn't her happy little
excited self.  In the car she told me she had a headache 
and this morning she woke up with a fever.  : (
The whole thing is a little disappointing seeing as she 
was really looking forward to her first day!!

Also I'm not a big fan of sick kids, so there is that.

In truth I'm not feeling super great myself and I suspect
Norah is a little iffy too.  I really hope we all wake up
feeling happy & normal again tomorrow!!  

On a brighter note I thought I was having company Tuesday
so I spent the whole morning & afternoon cleaning the 
house.  I got all caught up on the laundry and everything!

My company canceled at the last minute and I didn't 
even care because I was so excited about how clean
my house was!

So please, everyone, make plans to come over, you 
don't even have to show up!  I just appreciate the 
motivation it lends in getting things done FAST!  : )

Ava will only be going to preschool on Mondays
for 3 hours, so technically I have a little time to get her feeling 
better but I am planning on us all waking up well tomorrow!

We've got fun things to do, enough is enough!!   

Comments

guzzi guy said…
She looks fabulous for her first day!
Mike Marzett said…
That's awesome! It's amazing how fast the grow up!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...