Happy Home

So it has been a week since I implemented my new plan.
I put all the kids toys into 4 bins and have been rotating them
daily.  I also reorganized all of Ava's homework sheets into
a binder that she can use a dry erase pen to practice each
page over and over again without ruining them. 

I have to say, both these things, for us, have been brilliant!

Our house is staying cleaner and more organized which
always makes me happy.  
I used to go into Ava's room about 3 times a day and pick up
just to keep ahead of the grand messes both kids were creating.

Even doing that it seemed it would get out of control and I would
have to spend a bunch of time re-organizing and de-cluttering
the everything everywhere that just wouldn't stop. 

Now I literally pick up a book or two once a day.  
Ava's room always looks clean!  
The other great perk is that when I bring the toy bins out
they play with toys they had long since forgotten about. 
And things they couldn't get enough of, like the VTech reader
(battery sucker) gets a natural built in break.  
Ava uses her imagination more then her toys most of the 
time anyway and this hasn't limited that potential at all, 
in fact I think it inspires her use it more!

Oh and the laminated homework sheets?  Wonderful!!
We went from maybe doing one or two every other week 
to a routine of doing several a day.  She loves me pretending
to be her teacher.  I have already seen quite a jump in her 
ability to trace letters and write words which are two things
she really isn't great at.  

She wants to do the school work, she asks for it and gets 
excited when I suggest she do it.  It's so great!  I think she 
is happier now because she can so easily erase it and try 
again if she messes up.  It is less pressure then before.  
It's funny how a few little changes can make life seem
so much easier.  I love that!!  

Comments

Nain said…
Awesome! I agree...staying organized like that does make life easier. Great tips for future reference :-)
guzzi guy said…
Where did you get the absolutely *awesome* maid? ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...