Dirty Little Secret

So as part of my nesting instincts or maybe just my normal
pull towards sanity I have been freaking out about how
unorganized our house feels. How on earth are we going
to fit a whole other person into this house??

I know you might be thinking, that person will be really small
right? Uh no. Babies take up more room then anyone. They
have swings, cribs, car seats, bouncy chairs, highchairs, boppys,
toys, a full wardrobe & all sorts of other random baby paraphernalia.

So like any totally rational pregnant person, I am freaking out!!
I mentioned this to my good friend Rachel when I was at her
house last week and she suggested she come over and help
me get organized. Really who am I to say no? I need some
serious help. All week in preparation for her coming I have
been organizing and cleaning everything I can get my hands
on. With the exception of my closet. I decided to leave that
one for us to concur as a team. It needed a team.

The problem with my closet is that it is filled with clothes,
I know duh, right? But not just filled with normal clothes
but clothes that don't fit me right now. Then I also have
stacks of maternity clothes that won't fit in there and a
whole other stack of maternity clothes you couldn't pay
me to wear. All sitting around my closet. Also baskets of
clean clothes that I can't even think of putting away, there
is just no room.

If you come over to my house it looks pretty clean to the
unknowing eye, I keep the door to my room shut for a
reason...here is my dirty little (not so) secret, the before:
Spilling out onto the floor:
Stuff crammed in everywhere:
Clutter, clutter, clutter.
Enter Rachel (I LOVE HER!!)
She had me laughing the whole time!
We worked together and had a great time doing it.

Here is the after:
I can't tell you what peace this brings me. This was the
biggest issue in my house and now my room feels happy
and relaxing again. Also the rest of my projects seem
easier to deal with knowing this one is done.

Thank you so much Rachel, you are the best!!

Ava was really good the whole day so I rewarded her
with a little trip to Pump it Up to see her BFF Sammy.

Gotta love it, they are too cute together!

What a wonderfully productive day!!

Comments

Alaina said…
Wow, your closet looks like mine (the before shot). Can she come over to my house too and help? I'm horrible at organization!
Sarah said…
Maybe I should send Rachel, I am slightly hopeless :)
Rhi said…
Now I know Sarah's dirty little secret! I looks awesome now!!!
The love the organization that needs to happen before the real organization!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...