It is official, Ava is a fish.

It is funny how we went from a week where there
would be no swim lesson to a week that we ended
up swimming almost every single day.

I thought maybe she would be tired of swimming
when I ran the idea by her this morning, but no
she was stoked!
A quick change into the suit and we were out the door.
For the first half of our time in the pool she stayed in
her little float thing and chased me around the pool.
She threw the little duckies and swam after them.
It was a nice chance for me to do laps & water weights.
She liked getting my toes too:
Look mom, no hands!
I was impressed at her balance this time. She used to
need me to steady her if she tried to float on the noodle.
This time she needed to help (just a spotter).

I was also impressed with how well she was jumping
in off the side. She used to get scared and crouch down
before she would jump, now she stands strait up and
jumps in with confidence. She looks like a little cheerleader.

My biggest shock came when I got her to swim to Linda
underwater. I would count to 3 and put her deep in the
water, let go and have her swim up to Linda. Linda would
grab her out of the water, turn her around and she would
immediately be ready to swim right back to me underwater
again! She must of done it about 20 times, back and forth,
as we let go and let her swim back up. It was the coolest thing!
I can't believe she is so brave!

I really couldn't be more proud.

Comments

Go Ava! She is a cute fish :-)
Rhi said…
so awesome Ava!!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...