First Trip to the Dentist

Two weeks ago I made Ava a dentist appointment.
She has since been impatiently waiting for her big day.

Yesterday, the day finally arrived.
This is right outside the office of The Shoebox Pediatric Dentistry,
She says "I am soooo excited to go to the dentist!!"
(Yay me for not letting her know my true feelings about dentist visits!)
The office was really cool. It was packed full of kid friendly
toys & activities.
There was a little kitchen and a train set. Oh and movies
playing for all the little TV addicts.
(Yes I did drag Ava away from that movie so she could
show me all the toys!!)
When it was Ava's turn the dental hygienist came out and
offered her a sticker and asked her all the typical get-to-know-
you questions, how old are you?, when is your birthday?
She just had a very nice way with children. She got
Ava even more excited about her appointment.

Here is Ava getting her x-rays.
She happily followed all the directions.
Such a big girl.
They cleaned her teeth, she did great.
I wasn't really expecting them to do much of anything but they
did it all. Scraping, cleaning, brushing, all the fun stuff.
When all was said and done they filled a little bag with fun
stuff to take home, a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, a sand
timer, mouthwash, stickers and a little purse.

When we got outside Ava looks up at me and says
"Mommy I am sooo proud of myself!!"
Really how cute is that?
I couldn't be more proud either.

Comments

guzzi guy said…
That is really great. Good job in not letting slip that you hate the dentist.
Wow, good for her! I share your feelings for the dentist, and I was an awful patient as a kid, so I'm very impressed with her sitting still and doing everything they did without kicking and screaming. She IS a big girl!
Rhi said…
she is so amazing. I'm glad she's proud of herself, I'm proud of her too!
Kelly said…
That's so sweet. She was so brave!
I actually love going to the dentist... I always have. It's because of my kiddo dentist, Dr. Fred, who was amazing. He has a big fish tank, a chair shaped like a tooth, a super nintendo, a mrs. pac man machine, a jukebox, a parrot that says hi to you when you walk in, and he makes up songs about you when he's cleaning your teeth. I got kicked out last year cause I'm too old... I'm fairly devastated :)
Unknown said…
Dental visits would really be fun for children if they had a kid-friendly facility like this! Look at Ava. The surrounding made her feel so comfortable that she wasn't afraid of her dentist. Anyhow, how is she doing lately? I hope she maintains a good oral habit!
Clinton Zelman @ Doug Smith DDS

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...