Weekend Wedding Happenings

This weekend we are going on a trip, I know you would think the
"we" would mean me, John & Ava, but surprisingly it doesn't!

I am leaving my daughter!!!

I can hardly believe it myself. I am going to Seattle for the weekend to attend a none-kid-friendly wedding. Ava is staying home with John. I am going with my Mom, Sister & Aunt. We are making a girls trip out of it. I was really excited at first. Now that the trip is here I am nervous. I have never left Ava this long. Albeit she will be with her father, it still seems really weird. A few days ago I started considering what to pack and my mind went right to Ava. What should I bring for her? Oh wait, she isn't going? It is so sad for me, which is odd because I really should be excited to have a weekend away right??

I am strange I guess. Now to make matters worse John is sick. He says I should still go, and I am going to but this is going to make it all that much more stressful for me, worrying about him being here, not feeling well, trying to take care of her. Under other circumstances I would just try to arrange for her to spend most of the time with someone else but in truth I am taking all my trusted go-to people with me. We do have family in Seattle that I would happily leave her with during the wedding but strangely they are all out of town at the moment. Oh well, I guess I will just have to hope for the best. I am really hoping John will wake up feeling 100 times better in the morning, ready to take on the solo-daddy gig.

I also am hoping we have a fantastic girls weekend,
despite all this worrying.

Worrying is in my blood though,
I come from a long line of worriers.

I am counting on fun to prevail, I love me a good wedding!

Oh and speaking of weddings, Nain, my number one commenter, blogging bff is getting married this weekend too. I am really excited for her and her new husband. I feel like we know each other through reading each others day to day happenings, so much so that I think I should of been invited to her wedding. I am pretty sure I know her better then either the bride or the groom of the wedding I am actually going to attend.

Maybe my invitation got lost in the mail?

I bet she would of let me bring Ava : )

Comments

aw, thank you! I totally would have invited you and Ava :-) She'd have fun dancing at the reception with my niece Riley. Thank you so much for the well wishes!

Have a great weekend!
Madeline said…
I hope you have a great weekend! I don't like to leave Logan for long periods of time and Zach and I are going to California soon for a memorial service for my cousin and it isn't appropriate to bring him so he is going to stay here with Zach's mom for 2 nights and 3 days. She is WONDERFUL with him, but hasn't had him overnight yet because of his acid reflux and his medicine.... I am nervous and excited and nervous : ) I know how you feel!!! Tell John I hope he feels better and I will be home all weekend if needs anything : )
Rhi said…
I almost can't imagine that a wedding that wouldn't allow Ava is even a wedding you would want to go to!!!!
Sarah said…
@Madeline I bet he will do just fine, I think it is harder on the momma.
@Rhi good point. I have a hard time turning down a weekend trip with my mom, sister & aunt in Seattle, we always have such a fun time together. We are only on the first night and I have laughed more tonight then I have in months! I wish Ava was here though. If I could of figured out a way to bring her I would of. Maybe it is good prep for when I am in the hospital with the new baby?

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...