Sleeping Update.

I didn't write down the second day of our mission to get
more sleep for a very good reason.

I didn't want to jinx things.

This little chick did something CRAZY.

She slept through THE WHOLE NIGHT.

It was one of those things where you could just tell it was
a fluke. It will never happen again, don't hold your breath.

She got her shots on Thursday and I'm pretty sure they drugged
her too, just to trick us.

As per her usual routine she woke up at 12:45 for a bottle,
I made the bottle but didn't rush into her room.
Before I got in there she fell back to sleep!!!!

I didn't know what to do.

I went to bed and started reading and stressing over if I should
wake her up to feed her or just see what happens.

It got later and later and at that point I was thinking
I can't feed her now, it's too late, that would ruin my whole plan.

So I went to sleep and kept waking up wondering if she was still
alive or if someone had broken in and taken her, she was far too
quiet, there was no way I could sleep while worrying about her, right?

I put my ear to her door and sure enough I could hear her little
snore. She was sleeping and she kept on sleeping until about 7:45am!!

I was sure I couldn't write that down, or she would NEVER do it again.

Well last night she woke up at 1 am and I was super confused.
Should I give her a bottle like I planned to originally or now that
I knew she could make it all night withhold the bottle?

John said "Give her the bottle"
So I did.
She woke up next at 6 am, crying.

I looked at John and said "Put your earplugs in."
He says "But it's 6?"

Now had I refused her the 1 am bottle I would of let
her have a 6 am bottle, but that is only 5 hours and there was
no way I was going to give in yet.

I checked on her and assured her that we are still here,
we love you & we ARE NOT PICKING YOU UP.

She eventually fell back to sleep and didn't get up until 8:45.

Perfect.

So basically, she is still a work in progress but I am feeling
super hopeful about the whole thing.

In other news,
Yesterday we went up to my mom's house for a playdate
with Billy & her kids.

We had a wonderful time, we walked through her property,
picked blueberries, jumped on the trampoline &
had a nice picnic in the lawn.
It really couldn't of been more perfect.

Here are a few pictures from the day:
Little Zech
The pond
Brothers
Amelie Jumping
Ben
Exploring
Mom & Norah
Ben
Love
Ladybug
Ava Jumping
It really was so much fun.
I love a good playdate!

A good nights sleep makes the days events
a lot more enjoyable!

I am so excited to be moving into this new phase in our lives
of actually getting sleep.

We are not there yet, she needs some work, I need some work,
but I am confident that soon she will be sleeping through the night
& soon I will relax & maybe even sleep too!

Wouldn't that be sooooo cool??


Comments

Aw, cute pictures! Glad she got at least one full night's sleep even if it was just a fluke!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...