Mission Get More Sleep: First Attempt

Last night was the beginning of the end of our middle of the
night torture brought to us by this one:
I know she looks sweet and innocent, but looks can be very deceiving.
The chick wakes up every TWO HOURS!!! That is regression to the
millionth power and sooooo not working for me!

So I bought earplugs and devised a plan.

I stay up until at least 1 am most nights, that is also when little
miss Norah wakes up for a bottle, so I figured to start I would
let her have that last bottle right around 12-1 am and then NO MORE.

She is cut off.

I don't care how much she misses me in the middle of the night!!

(I'm certainly not going to admit that I sort of love snuggling with
her or nursing her as I look down at her sweet little closed eyes
as she holds my hand with her tiny fingers...)

Ok even if I DID just sort of admit that, I am not good at falling back to
sleep and I am done living on absolutely no good sleep for 6 months strait!

I promise I will appreciate her much more the next day if I get some
actual REAL sleep in the middle of the night, like NORMAL people.

So again, I decided she could have that last bottle at 1 am and then
we would refrain from picking her up or feeding her until at least 7 am.

That seems fair right?
It's only 6 f'ing hours!!

I don't think I am asking too much.

Not saying that I wont be asking for more soon,
I just figured that was a good place to start.

So at 5 she woke up, and eventually worked herself into a
pretty good screaming fit.

(I can't believe she made it 4 hours! She is trying to trick us!)

John went into check on her at 5:15, still crying, didn't pick her up
just let her know, we are still here, your mom just has this plan to
torture you, sorry.

At 5:30, she is still screaming her little head off but I have noticed
a few breaks like she is considering giving up.
I went into check on her, didn't pick her up, just gave her a pat on
the back, reassuring her, I hear you, I just don't care little love.

At 5:45 she finally gave up and slept until 8:30 am

Ha!

Wait, did that "Ha" seem too cocky?

I TAKE IT BACK!!

Now she is going to wake up every two hours tonight,
I can feel it.

Oh well, wish us more luck, you know this isn't over.

It was a wonderful feeling to wake up at 8:30 and go get her,
she didn't look bitter or mad either!

She looked happy!! She still loves me! Yay! : )

We celebrated with a playdate over at our friend Madeline's house.
It was a super quick visit since we got a late start and needed to
get Norah to her well-baby check up at the doctor's office by 1:30

We had a nice time chatting although I feel like I forgot to say so
many things because it all flew by so fast. We plan on remedying
this soon though.

Here is Logan, her little cutie, he just woke up from his nap
and didn't quite seem to sure of us at first.

Right about the time he was ready to play with us
we had to go : (
Oh well, I bet next time will work out better.

Madeline is my new idol.
She has a lovely home and she is obsessed with keeping
it super clean and organized.

I want that gene.

The doctor's appointment went well.
I guessed Norah, whom we have not had weighed since
she turned 4 months old, would weigh 13.8 and she was
13.9, I was soooo close!

She is healthy and oh so advanced, just ask us, we will tell you.

Tonight we went on our evening walk a few times around the
block, while Ava rides her trike and I was thinking little
Norah was being so quiet, just taking it all in.

I look down at her and this is what I see:
She was totally crashed out!!
Not even Ava's crazy antics woke her up.
So what did I do??
Took advantage of her weakened state, sort of my job.

Yep, I painted her toenails!
So cute, I never even tried that with Ava when she was little.

I love my family.

Here's to a painless night & lots of sleep for everyone.
Wish us luck.
I am still certain we will need it.

Comments

Madeline said…
We had fun too! I love it when I make your blog : )

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...