Norah Jean

Today Norah is 6 months old.

There I said it.

6 months.

It is fantastic and wonderful and tragic all at the same time.

You see THIS is the baby I wanted handed to me at the hospital.
(I did not want to birth a baby the size of a 6 month old,
don't get me wrong, I am not insane)
I just LOVE this age!

I am also generally not a fan of the first six months.

Or I should say I thought I wasn't.

I have loved nearly every second this time around.

I am soaking it all up, because this is it folks.

2 kids, that is all she wrote.

Sooooo sad but it is what is for the best.
It is a decision we have firmly decided on,
and I am okay with it.

But that being said, every day that passes I mourn
a little for never getting to be HERE again.

Tiny toes, tooth grins, little baby giggles.

I know all the stages to come are even more amazing.
I remember that well from Ava.

Every time I thought oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
can I just freeze her at THIS age????
I would blink and she was even cuter, even funnier,
even more awesome.

I am excited to experience all those things with Norah.
I'm just sad too, because I know this is the last time.

So who is Norah now that she has reached this monumental
age I have been looking forward to for so long???

She is amazing.

She is sweet and loving and oh so very skeptical.

She is beautiful and hilarious, super picky and opinionated.

She is quietly observant taking it all in and also
EXTREMELY LOUD,
not in a mad or annoying way just an
I MUST be heard way.

She has been rolling and flipping like crazy for months,
don't dare leave her on the bed, she could get from the
center of our king to the floor in less then 5 seconds.
(ask Ava, she will tell you, also don't trust your 3 1/2 year old to
"watch" your baby, they take even less time to lose interest then 5 seconds)

Norah can sit up for an hour strait with out falling over
or fall over 3 times in the shower in 10 minutes, depending
on her mood or desire to see what is going on above her.

She can take nice long naps, doesn't need to be rocked to sleep
or cry much at all to be put down but also enjoys waking
up about 3 times a night still.
(More on that later, I have a plan!!)

She barely wants to nurse now and certainly can't do it
if anyone or anything is more exciting, I can only trick
her into it about 4 times a day.

Norah thinks Ava is the coolest person she has ever come across.
She gets so excited every time she sees her.

This child moves, constantly.
I have never met a baby with this high of energy.
Even in my tummy she was all over the place, kicking
up a storm. Now she rarely ever sits still. She bounces
herself in your lap, kicks her feet non-stop and beats her
little arms to some unheard beat, girl's got rhythm.

I'm a little scared to see how that all translates into who she
will become. Maybe I should sign her up for kick boxing now?

Norah LOVES all things water, which may or may not have
something to do with the fact that Miss Ava tends to be
literally, right there with her.

She has really taken a liking to "solid" food,
well except for the foods she hates, which tend
to be all things of the green nature. But mix in a little
applesauce and you can trick her into most things : )

Norah seems to have found a new set of sounds here
recently, her own little baby language.

So in a nutshell Norah is PERFECT,
except for when she's not.
But really my only issue is the not sleeping at night
thing, and again, I have a plan...
Not saying I think a certain someone is going to like it...

6 months.

Half way to a year.

My heart couldn't be fuller.

This little chicky completes our family in the most
wonderful way. I can't imagine life without her.

So now that we are here, this magical age, can someone
please tell me how we slow it all down???

Norah Jean Gamble, you my dear,
you are loved.

*Maybe to celebrate this milestone I should open her baby
book and start filling it out, what do you think??*

I said we loved her, I didn't say she wasn't the second child...

Comments

Nain said…
She is so beautiful! Happy 6 months Norah!
Rhi said…
Wonderful post. Especially the very end ;)

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...