Old School

This picture was taken at a time in my life where
I thought I was ready for kids.
It was about 16 years ago.

I made the decision to become a nanny for
these two little beauties.
They became my heart.
This is Taylor & Lauren.
They also set me strait and made me realize
I had a lot of living to do before I settled
down and had kids.

They taught me a lot of parenting lessons
I use today, as well as lessons of what NOT to do.

This evening I got to see Lauren & her mom.
It is so wonderful to see her all grown up.
It's also a little sad, a continuous reminder of
how quickly kids grow up.

When I was pregnant with Ava I couldn't help
but wonder if having Taylor & Lauren in my life
was my preparation for having little girls in my
future, or my constellation for never getting girls
of my own.

Even though the kids' mom tried to scare me
to death over stories of the evils of teenage girls,
I am so happy with the way things worked out.

I couldn't be more grateful.
We are so very blessed.

Comments

Kelly said…
They're cute :)

And you gotta love that old studio photography - it looks like the little one is floating in midair.

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...