The Worst & Best Day Ever

Friday I had a meltdown.

I honestly hardly ever break down but this was really, really bad.

My health hasn't been super awesome lately with the bronchitis followed by the flu, and then the continuing cough that just won't quit. As I may of mentioned we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and where that is the most wonderful thing on so many levels it is just not doing my asthma any favors. There is literally dust everywhere and fumes. Oh and clutter which inherently brings me anxiety on a normal day and this level of clutter is unbearable. So as you can imagine my asthma has been anything but under control for some time now. I have been downing inhalers every few minutes just hoping to breath. My doctor warned me that such lack of oxygen was bad for the baby but I didn't really have a solution. I was drowning in stress. I needed to clean up the mess of a house but I was crippled by my lack of breathing, which leads to crying, which leads to less air, which leads to panic....

Do you see where this is going?? No where good.

So yesterday, I had the meltdown of all meltdowns.

I cried, I panicked and I most certainly couldn't breath.

All I could think as I looked around my disaster of a house was that I needed to clean it but absolutely could not clean it. Every time I tried my asthma just got worse.

Under any other circumstances I might of just left but we had company coming that evening.

Yes, you read that correctly! My very good friend Rhi and her son Tyler were coming to stay with us for the weekend. I would die before I let them see our house in the dirty construction zone state it had become and I knew if I was her I certainly wouldn't want my kid in those conditions (not to mention Ava). So something had to be done. But what??

John is super behind on work because he has spent every waking second breaking his back over our tile project. He absolutely needed to get caught up on work, not to mention that is about to be our only income so we can't really not have him working. So he couldn't clean the house.

I wanted to hire someone, but who? Who do you hire on the cheap, out of nowhere with a house totally in shambles? I don't have a clue.

Well my Sister called during this conundrum and as I explained it to her she was instantly determined to find me a solution. She couldn't come do it herself but she was going to find someone who could.

She hung up with me and called my Aunt Linda. Linda dropped everything and arrived in less then 20 minutes. Ready to work and she kicking me out. She made me leave.

That moment was so difficult for me, I am not really a big fan of asking people for help. I can do anything. I can do everything. But this, this I knew I couldn't do. I had no choice but to wipe my tears away and just let it happen. Accept the help I needed and wanted but didn't want to need.

I left.

And I stayed gone most of the day.

About five hours later I returned, I walked through the door and I couldn't believe my eyes. All the dust and grime and craziness was gone. Everything looked freshly vacuumed, swept & clean. Even the dirty dishes stacked up all over the place were hand washed in the bathtub and drying happily on the dining room table. (We haven't had water in the kitchen for awhile now)

There was an amazing peace and calm over the place.

John was the only one home, Linda had just left, he moved the stove and the fridge back into the kitchen. I put away the dishes and de-cluttered the last few things and poof! We had our house back. Our beautiful home that makes me so happy to be in. All my anxiety melted away and my breathing improved dramatically.

All thanks to Linda, whom without, I seriously don't know how I would of survived yesterday.

She literally saved me and I really can't explain the amount of gratitude I am feeling.

I asked for help & I got it, well beyond my wildest dreams.

I couldn't feel more blessed and loved.

Comments

guzzi guy said…
This story caused me to weep. Very beautiful. Please take a lesson about asking for help out of all of this. And remember. You have people around you who love you and are willing to "go the mile" for you.
Aw, that is so sweet of your sister and your aunt. I am so glad that you reached out and that help was given. Praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...