Norah's Room

So the nursery has been bugging me for awhile,
it just looks too much like a guest bedroom.

I want it to be comfortable for guests and not feel over
the top baby like but I also want it to look like it is
Norah's room, not a guest bedroom we are keeping a
crib in.

The room itself looks like it was divided down the middle,
half for guests, half for Norah. To make matters worse,
the focal point of the room is the guest side.
Norah's side, no real flow between the two spaces.
So last night after a little shopping I stayed up and
got the room changed just enough to make it work
a little better. It is not done or perfect yet but I think
I accomplished what I was after.
Those are birds perched on branches on the wall
surround by butterflies.
It is sort of hard to make it out in the photo.
I like the "Dream" sign over the bed, balances out
the Norah sign on the other side of the curtains.
I continued the butterflies on the other side of the
room to, it sort of ties it all together.
John doesn't like the butterflies but that's ok,
I saw that coming. The artwork would look too
small for the room without them.

Next I want to find some brown fabric to tie back
the curtains and a butterfly pillow to put in the
middle of the bed.

Again, not perfect but much better!!

Comments

Rhi said…
The flow of this is much better! It all looks a little more cohesive, even though it retains dual functions. And sorry John, but I don't think you spend much time sleeping in the bedroom, so butterflies fly freely!
Rhi said…
I might need you help nursery decorating, using the same stuff but still making it seem fresh...
Sarah said…
I would love to help, fun! Can't wait to see your house all finished!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...