From fits to fun....

Saturday John and I decided to brave the 100
degree weather and go downtown to Saturday
Market. Ava threw approximately 126 fits before
we left the house.

We talked about staying home.
But we really needed to get out of the house and
get away from the way the day was beginning.

I am so glad we decided to go, we ended up
having a great time.
We played in the fountain 3 times throughout
the morning.
I started to use the water to bribe Ava into being
good. Parenting, for me, is all about threats
and bribery. Whatever works!

Fruit! Also the way to her heart.
The Max, another love...
More water!
She had so much fun!




After the water fun we went to go visit Grandpa.
We popped in unexpectedly and he says "Oh
Hi! Lets get out of here." I was taken aback by this.
I said, oh no Grandpa, we just wanted to come see you.
I can take you for a walk around this place or take you
outside? He wasn't taking no for an answer. "No, I want
to get out of here. Lets go for a ride in your car."

John and I looked at each other a little panicked and
decided, sure, we can handle this! No problem.
I wheeled him out to my car and we got him settled in.

We didn't know where to go but he suggested we go
visit my Aunt Linda. Sure, why not?

Again with no notice, we pulled up and I called and
told her we were parked outside and that we had
Grandpa with us for a visit.

Linda, Kim & Abby are the best hostesses ever.
They jumped into action, bringing down chairs for
everyone, snacks, drinks, everything we could of
ever wanted. Right there on the sidewalk, in 100
degree heat we had a little family gathering.
A picnic of sorts, and it was FABULOUS!
I love my family!

Abby even got out the sled and the girls sledded
down the hill, I was surprised how successful
they were, even without snow : )
Our wonderful little family day turned Ava
into one happy little girl after all.
I almost forgot how I wanted to kill her just that morning...

After we sent her to bed I walked by her room and noticed
her light was on. This is what I found when I went inside:
Lovely messy room, half on the bed, half off, winter jammies
on the floor, and a book tucked under her arm. Look
closely and you will see the title says "I Don't Want to go to Bed!"
I laughed, took a picture, turned off the light and went to
take a bath. An hour or so later as I was getting out of the
bath I noticed her light was on, again. I went inside and
found her asleep again, cuddling with a new book.

I laughed, took the book, turned off the light and went to
bed. 2 hours later I got up to go pee (thanks bladder!)
and noticed her light was back on, AGAIN!!

Yep, new book under her arm, totally asleep.

Maybe she sleep walks??

At least she loves to read! : )

Comments

I'm curious about the clothing part...does she take off her clothes at night? I used to babysit a kiddo who did that, and he'd remove his diaper, too, which would always be a bad thing...
Sarah said…
It is really hot in our house right now, we have no A/C so we have been sleeping her in just a pull up. She got out those warm jammies herself, I am betting she put them on and realized how uncomfortable they were quickly! She does often take off her jammies if we dress her in them though.

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...