Sisterly Love

 We are having a nice weekend.
One thing we have noticed is how much better Ava seems
to be doing lately.

She is back to actually wanting to please us and make us happy.
Not every second, but most of the time.

 Having a new sister has been hard on her
and for awhile there it seemed she was after
our attention in the negative sort of way.

I have been trying to keep my focus on her
and more and more the focus goes to Norah
who is unbelievably cute & always doing new things.

 But rather then just getting naughtier, 
Ava has actually been trying to impress us
with her awesomeness, which is an old hat for her.  

We are beyond happy with this turn of events.

In true form, now that I have said it out loud
things will probably change.

She will most likely be awful tomorrow.

But I am willing to take that chance,
because really?  Her awesomeness needs
to be recognized, one way or the other.

Tonight I walked in on this:
Ava trying to get Norah to be able to see into the View Master, lol.
 And I'm sure there is a lot more of this to come:
Ava pulling away the View Master after Norah unexpectedly crawled to it.

We have been hanging out with Nate & Max 
(both are of similar ages to A & N)
and Nate isn't very nice to his little brother.

I am really hoping we can use that as a 
"what not to do" example rather then just
a behavior to follow after.  

We have talks about how that isn't an appropriate 
way to act, but I know things are about 
to get much trickier once Norah realizes the 
extent of this new found mobility that 
she hasn't quite mastered.

But for now, we will just be happy with what
we have.

Norah is AMAZING and Ava is AWESOME!  : )

Comments

Rachel said…
Precious girls!! :)
Rachel said…
Also, Sarah, I wanted to email you and can't find an address! You can email me at rachel (at) ourhavenhill (dot) com.

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...