From Here to There...

...funny things are everywhere.

We loved our vacation, every single minute of it.
The airplane ride wasn't super fun but I know it
really could of been so much worse. 

Once our plane landed we were drove across town,
so many things looked pretty sketchy.  We started
to get nervous about our hotel, maybe the pictures
online were deceiving?  Maybe it really wouldn't be
that nice?  We decided to keep our expectations low
and see how it went.

Then we arrived.
The view from our room
 The resort is perfection, lush, beautiful & tropical.
We had a glass of champagne in our hands before we 
even got checked in.  While sipping that champagne 
we were informed that we had all been upgraded to 
2 bedroom family suites on the penthouse floor, in the 
best part of the hotel!

So there you have it, the first five minutes.
It was such a great glimpse into what was 
about to come.  

More on that tomorrow...

We got home late last night and I feel frozen.
(figuratively as well as literally)
I just keep looking around at all this laundry
and all these people that want me to cook 
for them, and I just can't do it.  Not any
of it.  So I basically protested today.  I took
it easy, worked on reducing & editing the 
millions of photos we took, played with the 
kids and *thought* about the idea of cooking.

I eventually accomplished some meal planning 
and grocery shopping and tomorrow I plan on 
diving back in and getting further then Top
Ramen & PB&J's, I also plan on tackling this
laundry situation.

I think the spoiled lifestyle was really easy to 
embrace.  John and I both miss it so much 
already that we spent quite a bit of our day 
researching future family vacations!  : )

I will definitely get some more pictures up
tomorrow but it's now 2:28am and I strongly
suspect that there will be no breakfast buffet
or swimming at the pool going on tomorrow
either, I may need some rest to deal with that!

We also find it quite humorous that it snowed
here most of the day today, 80 degrees and 
now this: 
Ha!

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like I was signed into the wrong google account! The "Welcome Home" is from me!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...