BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Health Update

I figured it has been awhile since I shared where I am with my health & running and all of that fun stuff.  I have been really committed to taking good care of my body, and really working towards living more mindfully and intentionally.

I have backed off of the running a little, only going between 2-3 times a week, but added in Jillian Michaels Shred videos.  It's a great mix of strength, cardio, and ab work.  I love it!  The best part is that I can do it at home, I don't even have to leave, and the kids love watching me do it.  They even try to do it along with me, so funny!

I've been eating 90% clean, drinking a ton of water, doing about 25 minutes of cardio or weights a day as well as 2-3 sessions of Bikram yoga a week.  I've also started journaling what I eat, when I work out, how I'm feeling, what time I go to sleep and how I'm parenting each day.  I think writing these little details down make you much more mindful of what you are doing. 
All in all I am feeling great!  It's so nice to be taking good care of my body & mind, and I really think it makes me a better mom, wife and person.  

I'm not perfectly anything but I feel good about the effort I am putting in and the results I am getting back.  I am certain that this is the healthiest I have ever been in my life, such a good feeling to have as you are getting older!

Here's to health!!

4 comments:

guzzi guy said...

Wow! You look great! Keep up the good work.

Alaina said...

You look awesome! Way to go!

Lauren Franco said...

Yay Sarah! I am so proud of you. I don't know how you do it. You are so incredible!!

Sarah said...

Thank you, all of you, I really appreciate the support!!