Sleep??

No. Still not getting any sleep. As to be expected right?
Our running joke around here is that John WANTS to
say he is not sleeping well but he can't dare say that to ME.

Two weeks ago this is where Norah "slept" every night.
This is her bed at the end of our bed, in between our feet.
That sort of felt like a win since Ava slept AGAINST MY
BODY for nearly FOUR MONTHS. Having Norah in our
room was not my favorite choice but she seemed to have
an extreme allergy to her crib. As in cry every time, no
actual sleep happening.

Then I took her to the beach and made this amazing
discovery, she really wanted to sleep on her tummy.
Tummy = Happiness = Sleep
I could live with this equation as long as I could keep
a good eye on her.
So when I got home I began napping her in her crib
on her tummy. And she slept!! Hallelujah!
So over the past two weeks she has practiced more &
more with this new crib gig and she is really getting it!
She hasn't been in our bed since!!!

She still isn't sleeping in all that big of stretches.
She seems to think she needs to eat every 2-4 hours
in the middle of the night. So that is my next goal,
to cut out some of these night feedings.
We still swaddle her at night and sleep her wedged
on her side since I hope to be sleeping while she is
sleeping not constantly checking on her to see if she
is still breathing.

The other night she made it NINE WHOLE HOURS
from 8pm-5am but sadly, as I suspected, that was
a total fluke. She is back to her 2-4 hour stretches
again. The good news is there is hope!! I know she
can do it!!

Now to just figure out HOW to trick her into a routine...

Last night I really tried to get her to go back to sleep
with out more food and it was a total fail.

I won't give up!!
Wish me luck : )

Comments

Erin Walsh said…
Oh I love the swaddle blankets. We just started putting Finley to sleep without the swaddle this week and Conor was in it until the was 14 months old!
Rhi said…
I KNOW you will get that girl trained! Keep up the good work Mommy1

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...