Spring Break

It really isn't my spring break but for some it was
and consequently Rachel & her two beautiful
daughters got to run away to the beach with me
and my girls for the night.

This is Hanna, she was great with Norah,
she also played endlessly with Ava.
Gotta love that!!
A smile? She is a pretty serious baby but a few
smiles creep in every now and then.
I love how they circle her with wonder.
How cute is that? I love the look on Hanna's face.
We had a lovely evening of just relaxing and catching
up over a glass of wine.

The next day before the girls had to bail we went
on a little walk down to the beach.

We had tried to go the day before but just as we
got everyone ready we stepped outside and it began
to rain. We just weren't up for it, we turned right
back around and went inside.
Beautiful Victoria, check out that blue sky!
This was Norah's first trip down to the sand.
This picture almost looks like she is enjoying it.
But don't let her fool you, she really was NOT HAPPY:
AT ALL.
The girls all left and I enjoyed a little alone time,
I got Norah to take a 3 hour nap!! I put on a movie for
Ava, straitened up the house and made lasagna!
I felt so productive!

That evening Jessica, Don and John joined me.
It was really nice being able to spend time with my
sister. We really enjoy Don's company too so I knew
it would be a good weekend. The most exciting part
was that John got to come too, he has been working so
hard that he almost never gets to come to the beach
with us.
Ava loves having anyone she can get her hands
on there to play with. : )
On Saturday we headed down to Toledo to go see
Matt & Rhi's new house. They just built it and
finally got to move in. We are so happy for them!
I would have many pictures of how awesome the
house is but right after I took the next few photos
I got the "change battery pack" lovely message.

The house is really nice though. It has a great floor
plan, with a super open feel. It has big windows that over
look a gorgeous landscape. They still have a little work to
do but how great that they can finally call it home! Yay!

Here is their view, I stole this off her blog : )
Here are the few pictures I did get:
I love how sweet Colton looks holding Norah
So cute!
Tiffani
Rhi finally gets to meet Norah!
We wrapped up the evening with a nice dinner back
in Lincoln City followed by lots of game playing.

This morning we looked out the window and saw
this, 3 deer hanging out in the grass, they stayed
the whole day. They are pretty camouflaged so you
may not be able to find them : )
I struggled all day with the thought of going home.
I just love it so much there I really didn't want to
leave.

Something truly amazing happened over the last few days.
I started putting Norah on her tummy to nap and
seeing if she could get herself to sleep. Over and over
I tried this and she never had to cry for more then a minute
or two before she would just fall asleep. AND STAY THAT
WAY, for hours!!! This is nothing short of a miracle.
Ava couldn't pull off this trick until she was at least
4 months old and she put up a serious fight each time.
Norah isn't even 2 months old yet!
I of course realize you are not supposed to sleep
babies on their tummies so consequently I check on
her every minute and a half. I figured out this great
trick of laying her on a blanket and if I am not happy
with how her head is laying I tug the blanket gently to
the side which moves her head just enough to fix
the problem.

I am SO EXCITED!! She is sleeping & napping
without me holding her, rocking her to sleep or
having to use the swing or the bouncer.
Amazing.

So now??

I pull out the big guns.

The crib.
Wish me luck,
pretty sure she is allergic to her crib.

Comments

Unknown said…
Great pictures! Norah is so precious, can't wait to see her again! And Ava too (:
Angela said…
OMG, I love all your blogs..I may have to have u show me the ropes some day. Great pics too! I cant wait to join u at the beach sometime:) Love ya lots! and congrats on your sleeping improvements with Norah. We have been making great strides as well and it makes all the difference.
I love that cute fuzzy outfit you had her in! So so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...