Swimming Class

I am amazed at how far Ava has come with her swimming
abilities in such a short amount of time.

She is already doing assisted diving for objects at the
bottom of the pool and swimming from the steps underwater
to the teacher who is standing about 5 feet away. Pretty
impressive for a girl who just started a few months ago, and
only goes once a week.


There are 3 kids total in her class, Will & Cason are the
two friends that swim with her. They have such a boy
approach to swimming. They sit, barely able to contain
themselves as they wait for the teacher to give them the
go ahead to do the next task and flop in full force,
kicking and splashing and not seeming concerned
at all for their lives or anything...Many times they just jump
in and swim across the pool while the teacher is not looking
and we have to yell from the side lines, MAN OVERBOARD!! : )

Ava on the other hand totally cautious, waits patiently for her turn,
negotiates the safety of what the teacher is requesting then
reluctantly does as asked with much less splashing and craziness.

Here is just a little video clip of Ava doing some of her water basics:



Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

Comments

Whoo! Go Ava! That's awesome she is swimming...my niece needs to do something like that. such a great idea!
Kelly said…
How sweet :)

She's doing great!
I didn't take swimming lessons until I was like... twelve. Everyone else in my class was under five. Embarrassing :)

I love her little flippers.

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...