Lowering My Expectations

My expectations for Ava are huge! I want her to do what I say when I say it, I want the response I am looking for. I want her to understand and remember what I have told her and apply it to the next situation. Is that too much to ask??

Sadly, I think the answer is yes. : )

Yesterday I had a conversation with Katharina regarding the stages Ava is going through right now. She gave me some good advice. She reminded me something that I often forget...Ava is only two years old. Is she? Are you sure? I swear she acts much older then that. But really, it is important that I remember that and give the girl a little slack. Ava is amazing, hilarious, caring, loving, helpful, fun, a true miracle and blessing in our lives.

She is also frustrating beyond belief, crazy, illogical, sensitive to a fault and deliberately annoying. But she is only two! I need to forgive her for not being perfect, not saying I should expect perfection any other year but I need to take a step back and not get so frustrated or annoyed so easily.

There are many things I can do to help us have good days rather then bad days. We will get through the rest of this potty training stuff too, it just is going to take a bit more time then I originally thought.

The cutest thing Ava says all the time? "I love my family!"

I can't really ask for much more then that.
For two, she is doing great! : )

And really? She has exceeded any expectations I ever had, she is the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...