Ava's First Haircut!

So this all started with Billy saying she thought I should cut Ava's hair.
Honestly the thought hadn't even occurred to me.
I like her hair.


Billy was thinking a bob, which I was super not in to.
However this conversation did get me thinking that 
Ava's hair would probably be much happier and healthier
if I did get it trimmed.


So I asked Ava
"Would you like to get a haircut??"

"NO!!!  I am too young to get a haircut!!"

"It took a really LONG time to grow it out!"

Seriously?  It's not like I ever talk about "growing out" her hair.

Well I decided it was happening. 
For some reason she wasn't going to give.
I tried every tactful way of convincing her.

Nothing was working.

Finally I just told her "Look, we are getting it cut.
You have 3 choices, I do it, Carmen does it or we
go to a special kid place and they do it."

Well just as I suspected she picked the special kid place.
No shock there.

Carmen came over on Monday to cut my hair and I was 
really hoping I could just persuade her to give in & let
her do it, I assured her Carmen gives out suckers, 
that kid place does not.

But no, I guess she didn't believe me or something because
she stuck to her guns, "That's fine, I will go to the place 
where they don't give suckers out..."
I tried to get her to smile for me but the most she would conjure up was her fake smile.
A little closer...It wasn't that she was unhappy, she had resolved to go through with it.
She is just dramatic, so she wants people to think we beat her into it.
That and they were playing a movie.  She basically just zoned out on that
while the lady kept trying to get her to straiten her head.
I took this shot of Norah so I would have it to compare her to when she gets her first hair cut in 3 years : )
Norah was a trooper, hanging in there even though she was super grumpy from getting her shots today.




Even though she looks beaten down through the whole process I think it turned out super cute.
 We didn't want it short, just cleaned up.

Once we got home she snapped back into her normal self again.
She seems pretty happy about the whole thing.
Now if I can just convince her that we don't need to go to a special kid place every time, wish me luck on that one!!
Oh, and they did give her a sucker, damn it.

Comments

guzzi guy said…
It looks really cute. I think it was the way to go.
Rachel said…
Adorable haircut!
Where do kids come up with these things?! Lol. They're too smart!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...