Set that baby down!!

It may be a blessing in disguise that Norah had to use that billi-blanket for her jaundice. Let me tell you that I vowed upside down and backwards that I wouldn't hold this baby as much as we did Ava.

I'm not saying we were just going to leave her there to fend for herself, I simply had made a conscious decision to put Norah down more. Ava was spoiled. I know they say you can't spoil a baby but "they" are wrong. "They" obviously never met Ava or saw what we did to her. You couldn't put her down, ever. Not to sleep, not to go to the bathroom, not to cook dinner, not even to put out a fire, not ever.

I thought being that I made this conscious decision ahead of time and that I knew the consequences of not following through with my new plan, it would come easy to set my sweet little new baby down more.

I guess I didn't take in to account that she would be this cute.

Or amazing.

I really truly doubted that I would be as taken with her as I was with Ava.

Maybe it is only that special the first time around.

Nope, I was wrong.

Norah is mind bogglingly perfect and sweet.

Having HAD TO put her down so she could tan on her billi-blanket FORCED me to resist the urge to hold her every second, to kiss her face off as I snuggled her each minute, to let her sleep with us just for tonight.

So now Norah is 5 days old and for 5 days I have put her down when she needed a nap, had her sleep in a crib at night and just in general stuck to my original plan that I can promise you was NOT going to work out had things gone differently.

I never did Ava any favors spoiling her the way I did. She didn't get any sleep and either did I. In fact we were pretty miserable for the first few months. I am happy I have gotten off on the right foot this time.

I love Norah madly and completely, exactly like I did with Ava. I don't really know why that surprises me. I guess I just thought that was a first baby thing.

I love being right, but this time,
I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

*Billy came over the other night and took some pictures of our family, a few of them are in this post, the way you can tell which ones they are is easy, they are the BEST ONES, she is amazing!!*

Comments

Erin Walsh said…
Oh my gosh, these pictures are so adorable. And your girls, seriously, so, so, so cute.
Anonymous said…
Sarah, this is Fernanda. I am in love with Ava and Norah in these pictures, they are the most adorable and perfect girls I have seen. If spiling a child does what you did with Ava, I have got my tip for when I grow up.
Congratulations, they are amazing.
Anonymous said…
I love those pics of your little girls! truly beautiful like their momma!
Rhi said…
Who has the two most beautiful daughters in the world??? Sarah and John! I'm a little teared up to hear how much in love with Norah you are. A. because I'm so happy for you and B. because it makes me excited for my turn in a few months!

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...