Check Up

Yesterday Norah had a doctor's appointment.
After her last check up the doctor showed concern over
the lac of weight Norah had gained.
At 2.5 weeks she weighed 6.5lbs (She was 6.7 at birth)
In comparison Ava was 7.4lbs at birth and at 2 weeks
she weighed 7.14. They should be gaining about an
ounce a day at this age.
So yesterday after I had spent a week trying to fatten
her up she only weighed 6.6, she gained 1 ounce
in a week instead of the 7 ounces they were hoping
for. This is not good. So now after I feed her I have
to give her formula & also pump each time to
up my milk supply.

We took her out to lunch after the appointment.
She had a whole menu to choose from and
she still wanted my milk so that is good right?

Ava wasn't up for photos.
Good thing Norah is too young to protest.
I just hope with this new constant feeding schedule
Norah will find her happy place. Maybe she was
just mad she wasn't getting full enough??
She never really seems hungry after she
eats but we soon will see....

Comments

Matthew said…
I really hope this helps not only her growth, but her happiness and therefore Mommy's sanity. Wishing for the best!!!!!!
Rhi said…
okay, this may be obvious, but that is from me, not Matt....doesn't he have his own computer to use instead of logging me out of important things like blogs on mine?
Sarah said…
I don't know, I thought it was really cute he commented, now, not so much

:)

Popular posts from this blog

New Pool!

Birthday Fun

Little girls, big personalities...